Sunday 7 April 2013

A Visit.

I flew back to Abbotsford earlier this month to conduct interviews for my research project. But, more importantly I got to hang with all the reasons it was so hard to leave the lower mainland. The combination of school and friend time made for a packed six days - but they were so lovely. It was so nice to sit with people, face to face or side by side. Talking on the phone is necessary and can be great when conducting long distance friendships, but there is nothing like bear hug/tight squeezes and eye contact.

Here are some pictures from my trip to the West Coast.




    


The ocean is still a major attraction for me, having grown up far away from one. A few of us stole away for a restful White Rock interlude the day before I came back to SK. It was a beautiful day. We walked the "boardwalk", had our first patio sesh of the season, soaked up some sun and (I) collected some rocks - indulging an impulse from childhood.






In addition to coming back to a familiar place, Atangard, I got to see a new place. A to-be familiar place. Tessa's house (a couple glimpses below)!




1 comment: